Senior Content Manager
We at Bookboon are passionate about helping people learn! We are the world’s largest educational eBook publisher and specialise in a range of online learning & content marketing solutions.
We aim to empower our employees to make decisions and seek solutions so that we as a company can grow to the next level and make our customer experience the best possible. This means that you will have a great amount of influence on shaping your tasks and making them your own – and you will learn a lot!
Responsibilities of the Senior Content Manager:
- Contribute to and execute the long-term digital content strategy for Bookboon to support the brand, its products and services
- Create content in line with the brand's Tone of Voice for all business units, advising on suitable channels and methods of communication
- Contribute to an impactful thought leadership programme and its ongoing delivery
- Use analytics to identify opportunities for optimising and improving content across digital channels
- Implement updates to the websites and digital channels in a timely manner & efficiently prioritise updates across business units
- Keep abreast of competitor and non-competitor/best in class activity
- Work with creative teams and our authors to bring ideas to life, through articles, infographics, videos, imagery and other forms of content
- Provide insight into what types of content work on various social / digital platforms
- Collaborate closely with the business to ensure that there is a full understanding of the opportunities available to them through the various digital channels and platforms available
- Communicate SEO best practice to the relevant parts of the business.
- Reporting into our COO and working directly with our senior management, the Senior Content Manager will develop and execute Bookboon’s content strategy.
- You will be expected to be fully involved from a ‘hands on’ perspective, ensuring tasks and objectives are set and achieved, and that work load is prioritised effectively across all online and offline activities. This will both be on a strategic level and practical level.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Analytics - interpreting, analysis, reporting and using data for decision-making
- On page SEO and copy editing experience
- Solid graphic design/art direction and visualisation skills
- Experience in the main disciplines of marketing and communications either from the client or agency side
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills - detail oriented
- Strong command of the English language
- German language skills would also be a distinct advantage
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to develop skills and keep abreast of new technologies and trends
- Ability to articulate and present thoughts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- An understanding of online disciplines, technologies and best practice in online marketing
- Organisational, problem solving and communication skills