Do you want to join a company that is passionate about helping people learn and making a positive difference in the world of publishing and professional learning?
Bookboon is the largest educational eBook publisher in the world. We publish free textbooks for students, business eBooks for business professionals and we have created an effective and empowering learning solution for employees – our Corporate eLibrary.
Apply today to join us as we are going through an exciting period of growth!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of our small Development team and be an integral part in a re-design/rebuilt of our main website bookboon.com which will be integrated with bookboon premium as well as adding new features to the platform itself.
You will work in close cooperation with our developers and top management/founders, which means that you will get a large amount of influence on shaping your task and making it your own.
We also encourage you and your colleagues to bring your ideas forward for making our product, the technical setup, the code, features etc. better, so that we together can make the company and our customer experience better.
We appreciate our employees for their talents and effort, and not for their degree or university. Therefore, we do not require that said skills are acquired through a degree, and we have many employees with degrees not applicable to the work they do for us.
- Responsible for programming the frontend of crucial bookboon platforms including the redesign and new features on Bookboon Premium as well as our online ePub-based eReader
- Implement design, UX and features on all platforms as a front end developer working with designer/UX’er to ensure consistent and professional bookboon look is implemented everywhere.
- Implement customized client solutions for companies like Siemens, SAP, GAME, Argos etc
- Develop CMS aspects of bookboon.com to enable content managers greater freedom in customising content
- Take pride in doing things right
- A solid understanding of UX and best design practices
- Excited and curious about new technology
- Thrive individually as well as in a team
- Experience with responsive designs
- You bring along a range of skills and are able to jump from one project to another quickly
MUST HAVES (in order of importance):
- UX experience
- Adobe design suite